2 June 2015

Albums non-recommandés



Debut- Björk

No ! No ! No ! 

When she got made, I’m sure she was told she had a good voice for yelling but she sure shouldn’t attempt to sing. But she did! As if her normal whiny tone wasn’t bad enough, she reaches for the high pitch, as well; does she want us to listen or to mock? “Misunderstood” you’ll tell me, and I’ll answer “No, understood all too clearly; I heard her.” And I sorely regret it. This is another case of an album that broke with the musical customs of its time by doing, well,…rubbish, and was classified cult for that, and only that. And now, we’re just too shy when facing the ‘big’ names of the past to point out those who should really remain of the past. There are only 4 passable songs out of 12: 2 of them mostly because the music takes over her voice, the other 2 because she whispers rather than sings. I mean, the woman can’t sing! She can’t sing and not in a punk ‘I’m-yelling-at-the-world-hear-my-anger-I’ve-got-something-to-say’ sort of way, no! The sounds are mostly bad too, a kind of debilitating electronic music, and the lyrics, my my, amount to love songs, when they don’t simply indulge themselves in ‘my-words-don’t-make-sense-but-everything-is-bullshit-anyway’ songwriting skills. And that’s her debut (second album), as well; I won’t even try to imagine what her following productions sounded like. Nope, my ears won’t take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment