4 June 2015

Albums recommandés

Super Blues- Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Little Walter

Chicago blues! I spell M-A-N, man! Pure BLISS!

One of the most important aspects of excellent music is its capacity to move you: internally or literally. And blues always had the tendency to whisper naughty or sad lyrics till your ear got bored...or horny, depending on your tendencies... None of that, here! The guitar changes it all; there isn't the whisper you'll find in lady blues, there's only rhythm. This album will make you wish you were a musician to jump in and enjoy their fun. Recall that iconic status legends of music had back in the 20th century, when we were all a little in awe ? Listen to this and you'll wish it was back... I mean, what makes a legend of a musician? That capacity to turn the simplest chord into greatness_ they got it. That capacity to let others do too_ they certainly got it. That capacity to grow from the creativity around and shine together_ they've joined forces! And, I don't know, the result just makes me happy! Pearl

P.S. Interesting to note that the lyrics to "Who do you love?" (1956):

I walk 47 miles of barbed wire,
I use a cobra-snake for a necktie,
I got a brand new house on the roadside,
Made from rattlesnake hide,
I got a brand new chimney made on top,
Made out of a human skull,

from lyricsmode:  http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bo_diddley/who_do_you_love.html

are retaken in Johnny Otis's song "Two time slim", a little more than a decade later, I believe:
 
You know, when I go home
I have to walk 44 miles of barbed wire
When I go out
I wear a cobra snake for a necktie

My house is high on a cliff and it hangs over the edge
And it’s made out of human skulls

Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/two-time-slim-lyrics-johnny-otis.html#Q6eUQYsQvDtDuCZW.99


No comments:

Post a Comment