14 October 2015

Albums recommandés

Osmium...Plus- Parliament

Funk.

What can come out of the performance of extremely skilled musicians who create a whole thing out of faulty singing? Oh, a rich, luscious, pure pearl of an album! A pillar in black music and one of the greats of musical history. “I call my baby pussycat” will take you on a road from which you won’t get out quite as sane as you were when you came in. You will love things you don’t approve of like the catchy intro discussion to “My automobile” followed by its awful message which would never pass today, yet to which you can’t help but sing along. And you will love the too funny “Little ole country boy,” the disjointed singing on the ballads “Oh Lord,” and “Silent boatman,” the heady sound of “Moonshine Heather,” the hard-rockish “Red hot mama” (on the reissue) and “Funky woman,” the gallop of “Nothing before me but thang,” the rock gospel of “Come in out of the rain” (reissue), the psychedelic influences of the aptly name “Fantasy is reality” (reissue)... And you’ve gotta love lyrics like “I’m free because I’m free of the need to be free” or “my mind is mine and mine my mind will always stay.”
Crazy Clinton, vibrant guitar envolées, screeching bagpipes, yodeling, yelling, high-pitched vocals, lively hollering, everything, and I mean everything, from the playing to the singing, is over-the-top, 200% pure energy. That’s pure music. Makes you remember how talented we are and can be…
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment